History


The house was built in several construction phases in or around 1860.
Together with the adjacent building it served as an animal rescue centre from around 1900 until the 1950s.
Then it became the washhouse for this part of the city.
Finally it was used as the office and storehouse of a construction company.
The cellar was filled with rubble in 1994 and the yard was completely concreted.


The renovation work between 2005 and 2006 demanded the total gutting of the structure.

Steam from the laundry had caused substantial damage to the material of the building. We renovated the house according to the newest ecological construction methods and sustainable energy technology:

- the latest insulation standards
- 20m² solar panels to power the radiators and the underfloor heating system
- rainwater collection for WC flushing and garden watering
- roof greening.

The yard surface was opened up again, the cellar made usable and a small garden laid out. The historical sandstone window surrounds have been restored. We're going to let ivy and other climbing plants establish themselves on the facade once again.
Clay rendering on the interior walls provide a comfortable climate.
Additionally we used lots of wood and subtle colours.
We're sure you're going to feel at home here.

Küche    Blick zur Küche    Küchenregal       Bad mitte